| Developer: Thunder Lotus Games |
| Publisher: Thunder Lotus Games |
| Platform: PC, Mac, Linux, PS4 |
| Release Date: 2017 |
| Genre: Action, Horror, Metroidvania |
| Website: http://thunderlotusgames.com/ |
Founded in 2014, Thunder Lotus Games released Jotun to critical and commercial success on Steam in 2015 and on consoles the next year.
Building on Jotun’s success, Thunder Lotus took what worked from the game (the art style, the big boss fights, the immersion) and fused it with infinite replayability and the nonlinear action-packed gameplay of the metroidvania genre to create the studio's highly anticipated sophomore game, Sundered.
Sundered is a horrifying fight for survival and sanity, a handdrawn epic from the creators of Jotun. You play Eshe, a wanderer in a ruined world, trapped in everchanging caverns teeming with eldritch horrors. Harness the power of corrupted relics to defeat gigantic bosses, at the cost of your humanity.
• Beautiful handdrawn art
• Massive boss fights
• Dynamic encounters against hordes of enemies
• Procedural world
• Corruptible abilities
• Multiple endings
E3 Reveals & Announcements
JUNE 2, 2016: SUNDERED TO DEMO AS PART OF INDIE PICNIC
It’s that time of the year again! We at the Indie MEGABOOTH are going arm-in-arm with our pals Devolver Digital to host an E3 event full of indie devs, brews, and more. The Indie MEGATRAILER and MEGAPODS (six stationary demo pods) will be located in Devolver’s by-appointment backlot directly across the street from the LA Convention Center’s South Hall.
Indie Picnic runs June 13-15 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Check out our sweet, sweet lineup!
Games that will be featured in the MEGAPODS located in Devolver’s back lot area are (you’ll need an appointment to enter the lot; demos are first-come-first-served for the MEGAPODS):
- Masquerada: Songs and Shadows (Witching Hour Studios)
- Nidhogg 2 (Messhof)
- Semblance (Nyamakop)
- Songbringer (Wizard Fu/Double Eleven)
- Sumer (Studio Wumpus)
- Sundered (Thunder Lotus Games)
- 2064: Read Only Memories (MidBoss)
- A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher (Ask an Enemy Studios)
- Aztez (Team Colorblind)
- Blasters of the Universe (Secret Location)
- Coma Remembered (Serenity Forge)
- Kingsway (Andrew Morrish)
- Mulaka (Lienzo)
- Mystic Melee (Serenity Forge)
- Overland (Finji)
- Redout (34BigThings)
- Roto Color Rhythm (Blue Volcano Studio)
- The King's Bird (Serenity Forge)
- YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (Ackk Studios)