Star Wars: Battlefront II
| Developer: DICE |
| Publisher: Electronic Arts |
| Platform: PC, PS4, Xbox One |
| Release Date: November 14, 2017 |
| Genre: Action, Shooter |
| Website: https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2 |
The prequels, original trilogy, and new era meet in an expanded multiplayer experience and galactic-scale space combat. Play iconic heroes that bring distinct abilities to the battlefront - or join the fight in an emotionally-gripping single player story. Your Star Wars hero’s journey has begun.
- SINGLE PLAYER: Forge a new path as Iden Versio, commander of Inferno Squad—an Imperial special forces unit equally lethal on the ground and in space. Encounter many of Star Wars ' greatest characters in a story of revenge, betrayal, and redemption that spans 30 years.
- EXPANDED MULTIPLAYER: Join up to 40 players in massive multiplayer fights in authentic locations across all eras. Revel in deep class-based online gameplay, pilot a wide variety of land and air vehicles, and control iconic characters with distinct abilities that can turn the tide of battle.
- SPACE BATTLES: Wage war in spectacular space battle scenarios. Weave between asteroids, fly across Imperial Dock Yards, and take down massive capital ships. Pilot renown craft like the Millennium Falcon or Luke Skywalker’s X-wing in exciting dogfights with up to 24 players.
- CHARACTERS FROM EVERY ERA: Play as—and against—Star Wars' most feared villains and cherished heroes from all three eras, including Kylo Ren, Rey, Darth Maul, Yoda, and many more. Unique, upgradable abilities ensure classic characters bring their distinct powers and personality to the battle.
- SPLIT-SCREEN CO-OP: Team up with a friend in two-player offline split-screen play.* Earn rewards, customize troopers and heroes, then take your skills and upgrades to the online battleground. (available only on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)
- CUSTOMIZE AND PROGRESS: Tailor unique abilities for each hero, trooper, and starfighter to gain the upper hand in battle with Star Wars Battlefront II's diverse and powerful progression system. The path to victory is yours to decide.
E3 Reveals & Announcements
JUNE 10, 2017: STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II ANNOUNCEMENTS AT EA PLAY KICKOFF
What can we expect from Star Wars: Battlefront II?
- Largely multiplayer-focused
- More vehicles, customization, abilities, classes, options
- Tuned gameplay's 'feel' to step it up from the first game
“With Star Wars Battlefront II, we’ve really taken feedback from our players to heart, and you see that in the base game, which has so much more content than the first game – a new authentic single player campaign, epic multiplayer, starfighter battles, and solo or co-op PvE on console – a huge game across all eras of the Star Wars films,” says Matt Webster, Executive Producer on Star Wars Battlefront II. “But just as important is how we support the game after launch. Our live service is built around the philosophy of keeping our fans playing together, with seasons that will add meaningful content and in game events on a regular basis.”
Fans will have the chance to get hands-on with Star Wars Battlefront II multiplayer for the first time at EA PLAY 2017. Here, they will be able to experience the Assault on Theed demo, which features the updated signature multiplayer mode, Galactic Assault, on the Naboo: Theed map set in the prequel trilogy era. Players will get a sample of the new class system, ground and air vehicles like the AAT-1 and Naboo N-1 starfighter, a larger focus on team-play and heroes from all eras including Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Rey and Han Solo. EA PLAY 2017 will take place at The Hollywood Palladium in Hollywood, California, is free for all attendees who register for a ticket, and is open starting today, June 10th through Monday, June 12th. Register for a ticket here.
Star Wars Battlefront II is being developed by three powerhouse studios – Motive Studios, DICE and Criterion Games – each with a rich background of creating award-winning games, to bring the most robust Star Wars game to date. Star Wars Battlefront II will allow players to experience the untold story of Iden Versio, an Imperial elite special forces soldier, in an all-new single player campaign. The game will also allow players to experience epic multiplayer battles where they can pilot a First Order TIE fighter through intense dogfights in space, and play as ground troopers or iconic heroes and villains, such as Yoda and Kylo Ren, across all three Star Wars eras.
This fall, players will be able to jump into a galaxy far, far away with the Star Wars Battlefront II multiplayer beta on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Origin for PC. All fans who pre-order any edition of the game will get into the beta early.
JUNE 10, 2017: EA PLAY ON VOD
JUNE 8, 2017: GET A FIRST LOOK AT EIGHT GAMES AND MORE SURPRISES
If you love to play, we hope you have your calendar marked for June 10-12 for one of the biggest entertainment event of the year, EA PLAY! In just a few short days we will be providing you new looks and deep dives into our biggest games, new reveals and more.
Whether you're watching online or joining us in Hollywood, here are a few key details you need to know:
“LIVE @ EA PLAY”
Starting at Noon PDT on June 10, join us for “Live @ EA PLAY,” an all-new broadcast experience specifically designed for our players viewing around the world. “Live @ EA PLAY” will showcase the first live multiplayer match for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II called Assault on Theed. The match will utilize a prequel-era map and feature 40 of the biggest YouTube influencers in the world, including StoneMountain64.
For the millions of fans who will not attend EA PLAY in Hollywood, EA’s show can be viewed live on EA.com from 12:00pm–1:30pm PT. “Live @ EA PLAY” will include the following blockbuster titles, as well as more surprises:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II – Featuring all Star Wars eras, a single player campaign and epic scale multiplayer battles, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will bring the most robust Star Wars game to date. The game is being developed in partnership by three powerhouse studios: DICE, Motive™ Studios and Criterion™ Games, each with a rich background of creating award-winning games.
- EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 – Powered by Frostbite™, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the heroes, teams, and atmospheres of the world’s game.
- Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite™, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise.
- NBA LIVE 18 – Delivering gameplay innovations and a brand-new way to play with ‘The One’, NBA LIVE returns with an experience completely centered around a player’s individual journey.
- Need for Speed™ Payback – This explosive adventure is filled with intense heist missions, high stakes car battles, epic cop pursuits and jaw dropping set pieces. It’s blockbuster gameplay never before seen from the series, fueled by a gripping story of betrayal and revenge. With Need for Speed Payback, it’s about building the perfect ride, getting behind the wheel and playing out an action driving fantasy.
- Battlefield™ 1 – It's a Summer of Battlefield including the entry of the Russian Army and the biggest front of WW1 in Battlefield™ 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
Immediately following the press conference, on EA.com the livestream will continue until 3 p.m. PT with a behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening in the FanFest at EA PLAY. The livestream will provide a closer look at five games – Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes, Need for Speed Payback, Madden NFL 18, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 as well as a 64-person multiplayer match of the all-new Battlefield 1 map, Nivelle Nights.
EA PLAY 2017 is one of the biggest pop culture events of the summer. At the heart of EA PLAY is the FanFest, which will house more than 150 hands-on gaming stations. At FanFest players will be one of the first to play EA’s newest lineup of games - and you can find a full list of games here - as well as a number of other special activities:
On Saturday night, the multi-platinum Grammy®-nominated rapper Nas will headline a live performance with DJ Green Lantern and rapper Dave East. On Sunday, players will have a chance to get an autograph or take a selfie with NFL legend Barry Sanders.
From 12 noon to 5pm PST on June 12, 2017, fans who play Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II and win their round will compete to win a free trip to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany and have a special experience with the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II team. See the Official Rules at: https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017/star-wars-battlefront-ii-ea-play-competition-official-rules
The FanFest is powered by the world’s most robust gaming systems including Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch™, and PCs powered by Intel. The monitors are furnished by BenQ, the official monitor sponsor of EA PLAY. Hardware peripherals are provided by Logitech G, the exclusive hardware peripherals partner of EA PLAY.
EA PLAY is open to the public. The FanFest schedule is:
- Saturday June 10 from 4pm - 8pm
- Sunday June 11 from 12pm - 6pm
- Monday June 12 from 12pm - 5pm
Please visit http://www.ea.com/eaplay2017 to learn more about the event. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more EA PLAY news and information.