| Developer: 34BigThings |
| Publisher: 34BigThings |
| Platform: HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, OSVR |
| Release Date: September 2016 |
| Genre: Racing |
| Website: http://34bigthings.com/portfolio/redout/ |
Redout: Enhanced Edition is a tribute to the old racing monsters such as F-Zero, WipeOut, Rollcage, and POD. It is designed to be an uncompromising, fast, tough and satisfying driving experience, soaked in that vertigo that stands at the core of the arcade racing genre.
The floating system and driving models are based on physics: each turn, slope, hard braking, acceleration, each turn and twist of the track will apply a unique force to the ship.
A sharp low-polygon style blends meshes and terrains with the latest state-of-the-art shading and lighting effects provided by the Unreal Engine 4, creating beautiful and instantly recognisable aesthetics. Breezy coastlines, eerie frozen landscapes, vast desert plains: the melancholic, dystopian atmosphere of a semi abandoned Earth is the background for the most high-speed, tense and beautiful futuristic racing clashes.
- Online multiplayer – match against 12 players around the world for a real challenge
- VR Support – Oculus Rift, HTC Vive or Razer OSVR
- Career mode – 100+ events to race, experience, level up and upgrade your ship
- A Diverse World – 25 tracks scattered around 5 locations on a post-apocalyptic Earth, plus boss circuits
- Never bored – 11 event types, from classic Race to innovative Arena Race and Score-Based Endurance
- Create your story – 6 racing teams, each requiring a different driving approach, and 4 increasingly fast racing classes
- Powerup – 10+ racing-focused, upgradable powerups: additional turbo, shields, self-repair drone, advanced grip system, slipstream enhancers, and more
- Music for your ears – full 5.1 support and a dynamic soundtrack that will drop sicker and sicker beats the faster you go!
E3 Reveals & Announcements
JUNE 2, 2016: REDOUT TO DEMO AS PART OF INDIE PICNIC
It’s that time of the year again! We at the Indie MEGABOOTH are going arm-in-arm with our pals Devolver Digital to host an E3 event full of indie devs, brews, and more. The Indie MEGATRAILER and MEGAPODS (six stationary demo pods) will be located in Devolver’s by-appointment backlot directly across the street from the LA Convention Center’s South Hall.
Indie Picnic runs June 13-15 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. Check out our sweet, sweet lineup!
Games that will be featured in the MEGAPODS located in Devolver’s back lot area are (you’ll need an appointment to enter the lot; demos are first-come-first-served for the MEGAPODS):
- Masquerada: Songs and Shadows (Witching Hour Studios)
- Nidhogg 2 (Messhof)
- Semblance (Nyamakop)
- Songbringer (Wizard Fu/Double Eleven)
- Sumer (Studio Wumpus)
- Sundered (Thunder Lotus Games)
- 2064: Read Only Memories (MidBoss)
- A Duel Hand Disaster: Trackher (Ask an Enemy Studios)
- Aztez (Team Colorblind)
- Blasters of the Universe (Secret Location)
- Coma Remembered (Serenity Forge)
- Kingsway (Andrew Morrish)
- Mulaka (Lienzo)
- Mystic Melee (Serenity Forge)
- Overland (Finji)
- Redout (34BigThings)
- Roto Color Rhythm (Blue Volcano Studio)
- The King's Bird (Serenity Forge)
- YIIK: A Postmodern RPG (Ackk Studios)