We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Metroid: Samus Returns
| Developer: MercurySteam Entertainment, Nintendo |
| Publisher: Nintendo |
| Platform: 3DS |
| Release Date: September 15, 2017 |
| Genre: Side-scrolling, Action, Platformer |
| Website: https://e3.nintendo.com/games/metroid-samus-returns-3ds |
Brave the hostile terrain of an alien planet teeming with vicious life forms as legendary bounty hunter Samus Aran. Her mission? Terminate the Metroid menace in this masterful reimagining of her 1991 Game Boy™ adventure.
Samus Aran’s arsenal has been enhanced with new moves and abilities that are sure to help her face the deadly surprises that await. This intense, side-scrolling action platformer is a great entry point into the Metroid franchise and perfect for returning fans as well, and it’s available only on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.
- This intense, side-scrolling action platformer has been completely remade with engaging and immersive 3D visuals and a rich, atmospheric color palette.
- Classic Metroid II: Return of Samus gameplay is joined by a wealth of new content, including a set of brand new abilities that utilizes a mysterious energy resource called “Aeion,” a powerful melee counterattack, and 360-degree Free Aim Mode.
- There are plenty of secrets to find—and if you uncover enough of them, you may even start to unravel the mystery of Planet SR388’s past.
- Two new amiibo™ figures*—Samus Aran and Metroid—will be released as a set alongside the game. This game is also compatible with the Zero Suit Samus and Samus amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series. Functionality details will be revealed at a later date.
- While supplies last, fans will be able to purchase a special edition of the game, which includes a physical copy of the game, a sound-selection CD featuring 25 tracks from across the Metroid franchise, and a reversible title-sheet insert for the game case.
E3 Reveals & Announcements
JUNE 13, 2017: NINTENDO SPOTLIGHT AT E3 2017
Check out Nintendo Spotlight: E3 2017. Presentation includes more details about Super Mario Odyssey and other Nintendo Switch games, with a focus on games launching in 2017.
0:00 - Playing to Win Trailer
2:07 - Reggie Intro
3:11 - Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Trailer
6:07 - Kirby for Nintendo Switch Trailer
7:31 - Shinya Takahashi Intro
8:47 - Pokkén Tournament DX
9:22 - Pokémon RPG Announcement
10:21 - Metroid Prime 4 First Look
11:08 - Yoshi for Nintendo Switch Trailer
12:30 - Fire Emblem Warriors Trailer
14:07 - Skyrim on Nintendo Switch
14:33 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Expansion Pass
17:37 - New amiibo
18:14 - E3 Tournaments
19:55 - Mario + Rabidds Kingdom Battle for Nintendo Switch
20:56 - Rocket League for Nintendo Switch
22:03 - Super Mario Odyssey Trailer