| Developer: Bungie |
| Publisher: Activision |
| Platform: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows |
| Release Date: September 8, 2017 |
| Genre: Action role-playing game |
| Website: https://www.destinythegame.com |
From the makers of the acclaimed hit game Destiny, comes the much-anticipated action shooter sequel, Destiny 2. Experience an all new cinematic story campaign, innovative cooperative gameplay, and intense competitive multiplayer as you journey across unexplored worlds to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities.
Humanity has fallen to an overwhelming invasion force, led by Lord Ghaul, the imposing commander of the brutal Red Legion. He has stripped Guardians of their power, and forced the survivors to flee their home. Players will venture out into our solar system to discover an arsenal of weapons and devastating new combat abilities. To defeat the Red Legion and confront Ghaul, they must reunite humanity’s scattered heroes, stand together, and fight back to reclaim our home.
Four New Stunning Worlds to Explore with New Features
Destinations of Destiny 2
- European Dead Zone – The largest destination yet featuring a lush forest, abandoned town, a cave system below the surface, and a Red Legion military base to explore and contest.
- Titan – One of Saturn’s Moons where Commander Zavala is regrouping at the hands of Ghaul. There is no land on Titan. Instead, players explore a series of Golden Age platforms surrounded by a rolling ocean.
- Nessus – a strange and unstable planetoid that has been fully consumed by the Vex where players will find Cayde-6 is caught up in his own adventures in a stunning landscape of sheer walls, lush canyons, and creepy Vex caverns.
- Io – A moon of Jupiter, where Ikora Rey has gone in search of answers. Io is the last known site the Traveler visited during the Golden Age, it’s now occupied by our enemies.
All New Director
- Your guide throughout Destiny 2 in your search for Adventures, Lost Sectors, new Public Events, and more. Players can pick a landing zone, explore, and seamlessly jump into other activities in game.
- Shorter missions with self-contained stories for players to learn more about the Destiny 2 universe and the characters that live there.
- Scattered, enemy dungeon layers throughout the world you can discover with unique boss enemies guarding treasure to earn.
- Unique, optional, dynamic combat activities that players can join on the fly as they roam around the world solo or with up to nine other players.
Action, Adventure, and Gameplay Activities for All Types of Players: New, Returning, Casual, and Competitive
Play Solo or with Friends
- Story Campaign – Narrative of Destiny 2’s cinematic story where players can also explore in Adventures, Patrols, Lost Sectors, Quests, and Public Events.
Join Friends to Complete Cooperative Experiences
- Strikes – Three-player missions in Destiny 2.
- The Raid – Six-player missions with incredible challenges and rewards.
Face-off Against Opponents in Competitive Experiences
- The Crucible: Competitive 4v4 PvP Gameplay with New Modes and Maps
- Countdown is a new competitive mode where players spawn on either Offense or Defense, and when the round ends you swap sides and roles. The goal is to plant a bomb at the enemy base, and then defend it until it explodes. Each round is worth one point. First team to six wins. To revive a teammate, you must use a revive token. Power weapon ammo is only granted to the one player who pulls it. Working as a team is the key to victory.
Clan Creation Feature
- New integrated system that allows friends to bring their community and unique culture to the forefront of Destiny. Clans have been fully integrated into the game and will provide official banners, invitations, and their own rewards and experience systems for all members.
- A new feature that brings solo players and clan communities together to play Destiny 2’s most challenging activities including Raids, Trials and Nightfall Strikes.
Three New Subclasses
- Dawnblade Warlock: Rises like a phoenix from the ashes and rains down flaming swords.
- Sentinel Titan: Conjure a shield to deflect enemy fire and take down opponents at range.
- Arcstrider Hunter: Summons an electric bow staff to devastate multiple enemies at close range.
E3 Reveals & Announcements
June 13, 2017: ARTWORK GALLERY
June 8, 2017: Activision at E3 2017!
From Call of Duty: WWII to Destiny 2 to the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, check out everything that Activision has going on at E3
This year, you can’t spell Activision without E3. Well, okay actually you can. Because otherwise it would look something like Active3ion, which is just ridiculous. But what’s not ridiculous is the sheer amount of awesome that will be coming from the Activision Booth at E3.
If you’re attending the show, be sure to stop by and see us in the South Hall at Booth #1001, and also visit the PlayStation Booth in the West Hall. Plus, make sure not to miss everyone’s favorite Bandicoot at the N. Sane Crash Experience in the South Hall Lobby. And if you’re not at E3 in person, don’t worry! We’ll have plenty of coverage across Activision’s social channels and right here on the Activision Games Blog.
Here’s a rundown for everything Activision at E3:
CALL OF DUTY: WWII
Call of Duty returns to its roots with the highly anticipated Call of Duty: WWII developed by Sledgehammer Games. E3 will offer hands-on with the game for the very first time, including a first look at Divisions, a fundamentally new way to focus on your multiplayer career. Players will join one of five iconic World War II Divisions, each with their own unique weapons and abilities.
- Airborne: First to the fight, where you move fast and stay quiet
- Mountain: Focusing on precise and deadly sharpshooting
- Infantry: Be the tip of the spear
- Armored: Bringing the heaviest firepower
- Expeditionary Force: Packing heat with incendiary shells
In addition to the traditional Multiplayer, players will also be treated to the brand-new War Mode, developed in partnership with Raven Software. War Mode is an all-new game mode where players must work as a team to defeat the enemy. This narrative-driven Multiplayer experience immerses players in iconic World War II locations. Allied and Axis forces clash in team-driven assault and defend missions for key strategic objectives, bringing an entirely new dynamic to Call of Duty.
Players will also experience Headquarters, a franchise first, all new off-the-frontlines experience for Call of Duty fans. Players will compete, earn rewards, show off their accomplishments, and connect with friends. Unlike anything experienced in Call of Duty to date, Headquarters transforms the Multiplayer experience by redefining how players engage with the game and with each other.
Call of Duty: WWII is available for preorder now, and look for special announcements about the upcoming Private Beta during E3.
Call of Duty: WWII Multiplayer will be playable on PlayStation 4 consoles at both the Activision Booth (South Hall #1001) and the PlayStation Booth (West Hall #4322).
Following the epic reveal of the global Destiny 2 Gameplay Premiere last month, Activision and Bungie will showcase Destiny 2 with an array of hands-on experiences for E3 audiences as they play the all-new story campaign and the competitive and cooperative multiplayer gameplay with fellow Guardians.
Additionally, E3 will showcase the debut of a brand-new Guardian subclass, the Arcstrider Hunter. Wielding a new super ability that allows them to summon an Arc-empowered staff for close-quarters melee combat, the Arcstrider Hunter will be playable for the first time at E3.
Destiny 2 is available for preorder now, and look for announcements about the Destiny 2 Open Beta during E3.
Destiny 2 will be playable on PS4 Pro consoles at the Activision Booth (South Hall #1001) and the PlayStation Booth (West Hall #4322), as well as on PC at the NVIDIA Booth (West Hall #5230).
CRASH BANDICOOT N. SANE TRILOGY
We’re rolling out the orange carpet (literally!) to bring the Crash N. Sane Experience to E3 attendees in the South Hall Lobby where players will be able to get their hands on the retro-tastic and remastered Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy. Word is that Crash Bandicoot himself will be there, ready and waiting for you to take a selfie with him and populate your social media channels.
The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy is available for preorder now, and be sure to keep your eyes peeled for a special Crash announcement during E3!
The Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy will be playable at the Crash N. Sane Experience in the South Hall Lobby. Just look for the orange carpet!
E3 is a massive celebration of video games and what’s to come, and we can’t wait to share everything that Activision has to experience with you. Be sure to bookmark the Activision Games Blog, and tune your social media to us throughout the show!
Call of Duty