We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
| Developer: EA DICE |
| Publisher: Electronic Arts |
| Platform: PC, XBO, PS4 |
| Release Date: October 21, 2016 |
| Genre: FPS |
| Website: https://www.battlefield.com/ |
Experience the dawn of all-out war.
Fight your way through epic battles going from tight urban combat in a besieged French city to big open spaces in the Italian Alps or frantic combats in the Arabian sand dunes. Experience large-scale battles as infantry or piloting vehicles on land, air and sea, from the tanks and bikes on the ground, to bi-planes and gigantic battleships.
Discover a new world at war through an adventure-filled campaign, or join in epic multiplayer battles with up to 64 players. Adapt your tactics and strategy to the earth-shattering, dynamic environments and destruction.
WAR ON AN EPIC SCALE
- Take the battle from the scenic Italian coast to the scorching Arabian deserts. Discover classic Battlefield gameplay through an adventure-filled campaign, or squad up and join epic multiplayer battles with up to 64 players.
THE DAWN OF ALL-OUT-WAR
- Experience the origins of modern warfare where the old world was destroyed, giving way to the new one. Use the innovative, modern weaponry and vehicles of World War I as you battle across the land, air and sea.
NO BATTLE IS EVER THE SAME
- Make your mark on the battlefield with earth-shattering destruction, whether you're blasting craters in the ground with artillery strikes or ripping apart walls with gunfire.
ONLY IN BATTLEFIELD 1
- Experience the world at war and take part in the largest, most dynamic battles in Battlefield's history.
E3 Reveals & Announcements
JUNE 10, 2017: BATTLEFIELD 1 AT EA PLAY
A first glimpse of Battlefield 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Enter the war’s biggest front with the Russian army in the most extensive Battlefield expansion so far. Full expansion available September 2017.
- Two new maps from World War 1's eastern front
- Six new maps featuring the Russian army along with "the iconic women's battalion of death"
- Small-squad competitive mode
JUNE 10, 2017: EA PLAY ON VOD
JUNE 8, 2017: GET A FIRST LOOK AT EIGHT GAMES AND MORE SURPRISES
If you love to play, we hope you have your calendar marked for June 10-12 for one of the biggest entertainment event of the year, EA PLAY! In just a few short days we will be providing you new looks and deep dives into our biggest games, new reveals and more.
Whether you're watching online or joining us in Hollywood, here are a few key details you need to know:
“LIVE @ EA PLAY”
Starting at Noon PDT on June 10, join us for “Live @ EA PLAY,” an all-new broadcast experience specifically designed for our players viewing around the world. “Live @ EA PLAY” will showcase the first live multiplayer match for Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II called Assault on Theed. The match will utilize a prequel-era map and feature 40 of the biggest YouTube influencers in the world, including StoneMountain64.
For the millions of fans who will not attend EA PLAY in Hollywood, EA’s show can be viewed live on EA.com from 12:00pm–1:30pm PT. “Live @ EA PLAY” will include the following blockbuster titles, as well as more surprises:
- Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II – Featuring all Star Wars eras, a single player campaign and epic scale multiplayer battles, Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II will bring the most robust Star Wars game to date. The game is being developed in partnership by three powerhouse studios: DICE, Motive™ Studios and Criterion™ Games, each with a rich background of creating award-winning games.
- EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 – Powered by Frostbite™, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 blurs the line between the virtual and real worlds, bringing to life the heroes, teams, and atmospheres of the world’s game.
- Madden NFL 18 – With Frostbite™, the spectacle of NFL gameday comes alive delivering photorealistic players, crowds and stadiums, and introduces an all-new mode to the Madden NFL franchise.
- NBA LIVE 18 – Delivering gameplay innovations and a brand-new way to play with ‘The One’, NBA LIVE returns with an experience completely centered around a player’s individual journey.
- Need for Speed™ Payback – This explosive adventure is filled with intense heist missions, high stakes car battles, epic cop pursuits and jaw dropping set pieces. It’s blockbuster gameplay never before seen from the series, fueled by a gripping story of betrayal and revenge. With Need for Speed Payback, it’s about building the perfect ride, getting behind the wheel and playing out an action driving fantasy.
- Battlefield™ 1 – It's a Summer of Battlefield including the entry of the Russian Army and the biggest front of WW1 in Battlefield™ 1 In the Name of the Tsar. Partake in the skirmishes of the Albion assault in a freezing archipelago and fight in the snow-covered ravines of the treacherous Lupkow Pass.
Immediately following the press conference, on EA.com the livestream will continue until 3 p.m. PT with a behind-the-scenes look at what’s happening in the FanFest at EA PLAY. The livestream will provide a closer look at five games – Star Wars™ Galaxy of Heroes, Need for Speed Payback, Madden NFL 18, EA SPORTS™ FIFA 18 as well as a 64-person multiplayer match of the all-new Battlefield 1 map, Nivelle Nights.
EA PLAY 2017 is one of the biggest pop culture events of the summer. At the heart of EA PLAY is the FanFest, which will house more than 150 hands-on gaming stations. At FanFest players will be one of the first to play EA’s newest lineup of games - and you can find a full list of games here - as well as a number of other special activities:
On Saturday night, the multi-platinum Grammy®-nominated rapper Nas will headline a live performance with DJ Green Lantern and rapper Dave East. On Sunday, players will have a chance to get an autograph or take a selfie with NFL legend Barry Sanders.
From 12 noon to 5pm PST on June 12, 2017, fans who play Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II and win their round will compete to win a free trip to Gamescom 2017 in Cologne, Germany and have a special experience with the Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II team. See the Official Rules at: https://www.ea.com/eaplay2017/star-wars-battlefront-ii-ea-play-competition-official-rules
The FanFest is powered by the world’s most robust gaming systems including Xbox One, PlayStation®4, PlayStation 4 Pro, Nintendo Switch™, and PCs powered by Intel. The monitors are furnished by BenQ, the official monitor sponsor of EA PLAY. Hardware peripherals are provided by Logitech G, the exclusive hardware peripherals partner of EA PLAY.
EA PLAY is open to the public. The FanFest schedule is:
- Saturday June 10 from 4pm - 8pm
- Sunday June 11 from 12pm - 6pm
- Monday June 12 from 12pm - 5pm
Please visit http://www.ea.com/eaplay2017 to learn more about the event. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more EA PLAY news and information.
JUNE 7, 2016: PRESS RELEASE: Live From LA and London: EA PLAY 2016 Set to Kick Off With June 12 Press Conference
Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, FIFA 17, Madden NFL 17 and NHL 17 All Playable at the Show
REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) reveals the latest details about EA PLAY including the press conference and all the games that will be playable at the show. EA will broadcast its press conference live across Los Angeles and London June 12 at 1:00pm PDT, kicking off the events of EA PLAY LA at The Novo in L.A. Live and EA PLAY LONDON at the Eventim Apollo in Hammersmith. Hosted by CEO, Andrew Wilson, in LA and Chief Competition Officer, Peter Moore, in London, the press conference will showcase some of EA's most anticipated games launching later this year and next, with a few surprises from games beyond that. Fans across the world will be able to tune into the press conference livestream at 1:00pm PDT on http://www.ea.com/play2016.
EA PLAY is an all-new event built specifically around players to bring EA's latest games to life. Following the press conference in both locations, the event will be open for the first hands-on with upcoming titles Battlefield™ 1 and Titanfall® 2, as well as fan-favorite sports titles FIFA 17, Madden NFL 17 and NHL® 17.
At EA PLAY LA, the first-ever Battlefield™ 1 multiplayer livestream titled, Battlefield Squads, will occur at 2:00pm PDT. Here two 32-player community-led teams will compete against each other to see who comes out on top. Each team is made up of the most well-known YouTubers, Twitch streamers and celebrities including Marshawn Lynch, Wiz Khalifa and Zedd. The livestream will then continue throughout the day highlighting some of EA's biggest franchises and member services.
In addition to going hands-on with upcoming games, players at EA PLAY LA will be treated with tons of fun activities to enjoy, including:
- Hands-on with EA's hottest mobile releases including Bejeweled™ Stars and Madden NFL Mobile
- On Monday and Tuesday, watching live competitive gaming events including the Madden Championship
- On Monday, Todd McFarlane will be on-hand signing a special, limited edition Titanfall 2 poster designed specifically for EA PLAY
- On Sunday, getting an autograph from LA Rams star NFL running back, Todd Gurley
- Creating custom Battlefield 1 dog tags reflective of the WW1 era
- Collecting six special event pins
- Experiencing the new innovative Samsung curved screen gaming monitors, giving real immersion to their gaming experience
For guests and non-guests attending the event, they are invited to download the official EA PLAY app. This is a handy tool so that fans across the globe can also watch the EA PLAY livestream directly from it. In addition, the app will allow everyone to access all the event information and check out the newest gameplay assets, news and developer bios about all the games at the show. For those in attendance at EA PLAY LA, the app will also contain helpful information such as a venue map to help them easily navigate to play all the games and partake in all the fun activities.
EA PLAY will be open the following dates and times:
EA PLAY LONDON
- Sunday, June 12 from 7:00pm - 12:00am GMT
- Open to consumers from 10:00pm - 12:00am GMT
EA PLAY LA
- Sunday, June 12 from 1:00pm - 10:00pm PT
- Open to consumers from 4:00pm - 10:00pm PT
- Monday, June 13 from 9:00am - 9:00pm PT
- Open to consumers
- Tuesday, June 14 from 9:00am - 9:00pm PT
- Open to industry partners, media and more
Tickets for EA PLAY are no longer available, but due to the overwhelming demand limited standby tickets will be available for EA PLAY LA in-person at The Novo for fans hoping to attend the event.
JUNE 13, 2016: Battlefield 1 Official Gameplay Trailer
Watch the official Battlefield 1 gameplay trailer and discover war on an epic scale, with 64-players engaging in some of the largest multiplayer battles in FPS history. Experience the Dawn of All-Out War, Only in Battlefield 1.